View travel tips for navigating the airport during construction.
- On or about Monday, January 7, construction crews will begin closing exit doors at the ends of the Terminal B/C Baggage Claim (lower) Level.
- At the height of construction, doors numbered 1 through 3, and 10 through 12, will be closed.
- To exit the terminal, passengers should follow signs to Doors 4 through 9, which are adjacent to pick-up locations for taxis, app-based rides and private vehicles.
Cell Phone Lot Closure
- To alleviate congestion, the Cell Phone Lot is closed during terminal roadway construction.
- Customers are invited to use Terminal Garages A, B or C, where parking is FREE for up to 60 minutes.
Find Your Ride
Ground transportation options have shifted at Reagan National. Here is where to find your ride:
Transforming the Passenger Experience
Most customers who fly at Reagan National will be minimally impacted by Project Journey construction activities. Airlines and flights will continue operating throughout the project, with the usual services and amenities. Changes will be implemented in phases and announced here. Passengers are invited to become more familiar with the project, its major milestones and key benefits. Be among the first to know about upcoming changes by subscribing to Project Journey advisories and updates.
When Project Journey is completed in 2021, two new 50,000-square-foot security checkpoint buildings will replace three smaller checkpoints currently serving Terminal B/C – increasing the post-security space to include all of National Hall and its premier shops and restaurants for ticketed travelers. In addition, a new 14-gate concourse will replace Gate 35X – ending the need for travelers to ride buses to board regional jets parked outside. Concourse amenities will include jetbridges, holdrooms, concessions and an American Airlines Admirals Club lounge.